Nomination is Currently Closed
The Academy District 20 Hall of Excellence honors those who have created a legacy of extraordinary contributions toward upholding the district’s mission and tradition of excellence. The winners will be announced and honored at our annual induction ceremony.
Anyone can submit a nomination. Nominations will be considered and judged by the Hall of Excellence Induction Committee. Academy District 20 alumni, staff members and community members are all eligible for nomination with the following distinctions:
- Staff members must have had a minimum of 20 years of experience in the education field, must have served in Academy District 20 at least 10 years, and must be retired or resigned from Academy District 20.
- Any community member can be nominated (see mission statement and rubric);
- Any alumni may be nominated after graduation and can be considered for achievements outside of school; if they didn’t graduate, they must have left school for an honorable reason. Must have excelled in their chosen profession and/or demonstrated distinguished achievement in an educational program; or
- Other category – purposeful contribution, tangible effect on education. Person with an established association with the district.
Each year, this district will advertise to seek nominations for the Hall of Excellence. Anyone may submit a nomination on behalf of any eligible person. After the deadline for nominations, the Induction Committee will convene. The committee represents a wide variety of stakeholders and will make recommendations to the superintendent about which nominees should be inducted during the ceremony.
Required Information to Nominate Someone
Please have all the below information before you begin the form.
- Nominee’s name and category (alumni, staff, community member, other)
- Name and contact information of nominator
- Indication of nominator’s relationship to the nominee
- A narrative, typically written by the nominator, not exceeding 1,000 words describing the nominee’s contributions and how those embody the Hall of Excellence mission statement and why the individual should be considered.
- A letter of support (must be fewer than 500 words) from someone other than the nominator.